How to include analysis tools
- Google Search Console: The meta tag »Google-Site-Verification« ensure the ownership of your website.
- Google Analytics ID: Once you have activated your User ID (in your Analytics account) and created a User ID view, enter your Google Analytics ID in the input field. toujou implements this ID automatically in the tracking code, which collects information for the Search Console.
- Anonymize IP: In the drop-down bar, active specifies that you anonymize the IP address of your website visitors to Google. It is not recommended to change this setting.
- Google API Key: Here you set your Google API Key which controls the functionality of Google Maps, Routes, and Places.
- Bing Webmaster Tools: Enter your ID tag provided by Bing to make use of their analytics services.
- Click on the Save button above the workspace.
Pieces of advice
Before you follow the steps above please check if you're already signed up to the Google Search Console. If so, check if your user ID is enabled in the Analytics account.
If the numbers don't add up after a launch: To check if Analytics is working properly, you need to examine the property settings for the tracking ID. Different numbers can also occur when visitors turn off tracking.
Microsoft also offers a console for its search engine, the Bing Webmaster Tools. There you can optimize your website for indexing in Bing. Again, you must first create your own account to use these services.