toujou offers the opportunity of managing and presenting blog entries and articles in the form of news. Set-up is required and needs to happen before you use the toujou blog elements and shouldn’t be confused with the elements' settings. The elements’ settings are only designed to display, not create, your blog posts.
For the administration of your blog, you will work in the Page and List module. Here you can edit page properties, and you can create new pages. In this tutorial we will explain all the steps necessary for editing and the purpose behind each step.
New blog post
For any presentation of your blog entries, creating articles in their original form is the first order of business. These articles are the basic database all blog card settings feed off from.
Overview of entries
- Click on the Page module icon in the back end of your website.
- In the page tree, expand the sub-area below the navigation item Blog and open the folder Articles. The overview of your existing articles appears.
- New articles should be created in this folder for consistent back end handling.
- If necessary, you can create additional folders (e.g. for category assignments) in this level (see tutorial).
Create a new article
- Above the page tree you will see all available page type icons.
- Click on the newspaper icon (»blog post«) and drag-and-drop it to the desired location within your Articles subfolder.
- A thin line indicates the area in which the new page will be sorted when you move over the page tree during the drag-and-drop process.
- Give the blog entry a title. You can also edit/revise this later.
Create article content
- Click on the newly created article within your page tree.
- The page type Blog post is divided into four sections, where you can place content elements.
- Header area: The place to upload a header image (optional).
- Teaser text: Here, you are offered all available content elements that are always assembled with a separator/divider in the primary color in the front end (optional).
- Content area: Here, you can find all available content elements that you can select and combine to illustrate your article.
- Other articles: Final section of the page to draw attention to other published articles (for example via blog elements). This area is always displayed with a preceding separator/divider in the primary color in the front end (optional).
Edit article page properties
- Click on the middle icon Edit page properties above the content area of your article.
- The tabs for this are explained in detail in the tutorial Edit page properties.
- In the steps explained below you will find out which tabs are relevant for blog articles.
Tabs relevant for the blog administration
Enter a short summary in the Summary form. This summary is the teaser that appears in blog teaser cards.
This tab is also relevant for blog teaser cards, as a teaser image must be selected separately for display in the cards (buttons Create new relation/select files and upload).
Here, you assign the appropriate blog categories, which are used to classify and filter automated blog elements.
Here you determine the general release date of your blog article. If this date is in the future, the page will not be visible to visitors until the selected date. With Expiration Date, you can specify a date on which the item will also be hidden from visitors.
Tab »Blog«: Publish date
With the creation date you determine the date displayed in the blog card. You assign the archive date if an article is to be filtered out in automated blog card integrations.
Tab »Blog«: Tags
In the Tags section, you assign the appropriate keywords, which are used to assign and filter automated blog elements. To do so, click on the relevant tags in the Available Items area. In the Selected Items area you can then change the tag order using the arrow keys or delete tags for the respective article.
Pieces of advice
The blog administration requires you to perform several steps in a couple different modules: page view, page properties, and elements all need to be configured in order to publish news.
To simplify the process, you will find it helpful to use the preconfigured toujou settings for managing and displaying articles, especially in the blog plugin. If you only want to point out a few important blog articles, or if you have not yet published a large number of articles it makes sense to use the blog elements. They can be flexibly combined with other content elements of the toujou element library in the same content page.
Elements from the toujou element library that are connected to this tutorial.