With toujou you can announce events on your website. To do this, you have to create an event page. To display multiple events in a bundle, you can use the event teaser. In this tutorial we will explain the single steps from creating the event page to adding the relevant information for the event page and the event teaser as well as optional modules.
Step by step
All steps except »optional information for the event page« are also elementary for the correct display of an event teaser.
Create an event page
- By clicking the page icon in the module overview you will open the page tree of your website.
- The bar with the page icons is situated above the page tree. Use drag & drop to place the event page icon (ticket symbol) at the desired place in your page tree.
- In the content area of the page you have the possibility to edit the page with all toujou elements. However, this step is not required to display the event with the event teaser.
- To enable the page in the frontend, right-click on the page – in this example Event. A selection window will open. Click on the Enable button.
- Then click on the page properties button.
Add the event information
- To store the event information, select the Event Data tab in the page properties. The following items will be displayed both in the event teaser and on the event page.
- In the Description field, enter your text description by using the Rich Text Editor.
- You add the event location in the Location area. The Location address allows you to specify the exact address. The Organizer section is for the organizer's name. But note that this information is only displayed on the event page.
- In the section Event Image you can add a medium for the event teaser. To do this, click on the button Add file or Select and upload it directly. We listed all steps of how to upload and store a medium in the TYPO3 tutorial »File list«.
Select mode, status and type
- Note: These information play a minor role depending on the toujou theme in the frontend, but are important for Google & Co.
- In the Attendance mode you determine the participation option. In addition to the default setting »offline« you also have the choice of »online« and »mixed« via dropdown-menu.
- With the Event status you determine in which stage the event is. The default setting in toujou is »scheduled«. By clicking on the dropdown menu you have more options. The most important ones include »postponed« for postponed events and »cancelled« for cancelled events.
- The event type describes the type of event. In toujou, »event« is set by default. Select this dropdown menu if you want to distribute subcategories.
External link & set date
- If you want to link an event teaser externally, set a check mark in the Set value box under External event link to activate the input field. Then click the link button next to the right of the input field and enter the link.
- To specify the start date and end, set a check mark in the Set value box and click the input field or the calendar icon in the section Date.
- To specify an exact time, check the Set value box in the section Start time and select the desired time by clicking the input field or the calendar icon.
- To specify an entry time, check the Set value box in the Door / Entry date or Entry time section and select the desired date or time by clicking the input field or the calendar icon.
- Save the settings.
Optional information for the event page
- In the section Audience you can enter the target group for your event.
- In the Infotext field, you can enter a short text about the event.
- To set the link you click on the link button to the right of the Link field. In the Linktext area you can add your desired text.
- You can link to the organizer via the Organization link. With Organization Image you can upload a medium by clicking the Add File or Select and Upload File button.
- Note: This information is only relevant for the event page and will only be displayed there.
Pieces of advice
toujou is based on TYPO3 and anyone familiar with TYPO3 knows that there are many different options to use to reach your desired results. We would like to point out important information and little tricks that can assist you when you’re creating and editing your website.
An event page has all the features a content page has to offer. You can create a new page with the toujou elements and edit the page properties like SEO or the index search. Please be aware that the information entered in the Event Data tab is displayed on an event page only if it is also filled with content elements.
For creating event teasers, the data from the Event Data tab under the page properties is relevant. Contrary to an event page it is not mandatory to create content elements on the page.
For a clear arrangement of your page tree, we highly recommend creating an event folder with subfolders by years or months, depending on the number of events you want to include on your website.
Expertise & Konzept ❯
Alle Features ❯
Reiseseiten anlegen ❯
Termine & Preise ❯
Reisesuchseiten anlegen ❯
Trip Elements ❯
Search Elements ❯