In addition to images, you can also incorporate videos into your website. Once a video has been uploaded, you can generate a thumbnail for it and then choose between different display options such as autoplay, loop or controls
Manual Front end view Pieces of advice
Step by step
How to incorporate a video
- In toujou there are two different ways of uploading a video to the editor under Media elements by either embedding a video from an external source or as an internal media file. For both of the following instructions the content element will play a minor role as long as the video can be added to it.
- If you decide you want to embed a video from an external source (which we highly recommended!), click Add media by URL. A new window will open automatically and you can enter the URL of the desired video into the input field. Currently, only YouTube and Vimeo are compatible sources.
- If you decide you want to embed a video as a file, click on Add media file. If you haven't uploaded the video yet, you can add it easily by browsing through your storage and selecting the element. Then click Upload and select the desired media item in the corresponding folder. To ensure a properly functioning video make sure you do not exceed the maximum allowed file size.
Playbach options for videos
- In the Video Metadata editor you can choose your video playback options. You can reach the editor by clicking/expanding the media element already selected.
- With Autoplay the video starts automatically. Controls activates the bar with the play button and sound options. Loop restarts the file automatically at the end.
- Finally, save all changes.
Optional thumbnail for videos
- You can create a thumbnail for videos with toujou. The thumbnail acts as a placeholder for the video before it is played or if you’re waiting for the permission to show external content.
- To create a thumbnail, expand the media element by clicking the arrow located on the left. The editor Video Metadata will open automatically. Then click the Add media file button under Poster Image and select the desired file. You can either choose an existing file in the respective folder or select the corresponding image via Select & upload file.
- A detailed explanation on the individual editing of image files is in the tutorial for image editing in TYPO3.
- Finally, save all changes.
Pieces of advice
It makes sense to have a closer look at the different play options of videos with toujou and whether it is beneficial to use a thumbnail. With a thumbnail, your site will be more user friendly and provide an image as a placeholder until the video is started. When creating the thumbnail via Select & upload files the video is saved in the User_Upload folder.
In contrast to loop and controls, the autoplay function for a video is not a preset. Before making changes also take into the consideration the parameters of your user's data volume.
toujou element library
Text elements ❯
Teaser elements ❯
Teaser cards ❯
Media elements ❯
Map elements ❯
Blog elements ❯